Frequently asked questions and answers.
Mstick is an Android based Stick PC that can be used on the car display that support Android Auto.
You can use Android based various features and apps on the car displays.
* Depending on the vehicle or the app, some or all functions may not work properly.
How to Use
1. Insert Mstick into the USB port of the car display. (Your car must support Android Auto.)
2. Choose Android Auto button on the car display. (It takes about 30 seconds to boot up.)
3. On initial connection, the Setup wizard will be started. Follow the instructions to proceed with the initial settings such as Language and Time zone.
4. To use various apps and content, the Mstick must be connected to the Internet.
5. Log in to Google using your account. (If you don't have one, create a new account.)
6. Proceed with additional Mstick setting according to your usage and vehicle.
7. Mstick is ready to use. When driving, please follow the related law regarding the use of the product or road safety regulations.
Guidance for Using USB Y extension cable
For some car displays, you might find the power supply for the Mstick is insufficient.
If Android Auto button is not activated on the car display, connect a USB Y extension cable to the Mstick to increase the power supply.
* The charger for a vehicle is a separately sold product.
Cases of Android Auto is not activated on the car display
If the Android Auto button is not activated after inserting the Mstick into the USB port on the car display, The reason is as follows.
1. Mstick cannot be used on car displays that do not support Android Auto.
2. If the vehicle is not compatible, some or all functions may be restricted or may not work properly.
3. Mstick cannot be used unless the projection is Android Auto in Settings of the car display.
4. For some car displays, you might find the power supply for the Mstick is insufficient. Please refer to related FAQ.
5. Mstick may not be able to connect if the wireless Android Auto function is enabled on the car display. (Refer 'If Mstick can't be connected when the vehicle supports wireless Android Auto' in FAQ)
Guidance for Status light
Mstick's external LED indicates the status of the product.
Blue = Boot complete
Red Toggle = Update failed
Blue Toggle = Update completed
How to Connect to the Internet
1. Set up the Hotspot on your smartphone
* To use a hotspot, you need a SIM where you can use tethering service.
① Launch the Settings app from your Home screen, the app drawer, or the Notification Shade.
② Tap Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
③ Tap Mobile Hotspot.
④ Set the password and set the band to 2.4 GHz.
⑤ Turn on the Hotspot.
* You can easily set up the Hotspot via quick icon in the notification after the initial setup.
① Go to the Settings.
② Tap the Personal Hotspot.
③ Set the password and tap the slider next to Allow Others to Join.
* You can easily set up the Hotspot in the control center after the initial setup.
① Launch the Settings app from your Home screen, the app drawer, or the Notification Shade.
② Tap Network & internet.
③ Enter the Wi-Fi and turn it on.
④ Select your smartphone or wireless router from the searched list.
⑤ Enter the password of Wi-Fi.
* Please note that using the Internet on the Mstick will consume data from your smartphone.
Guidance for Using network data
Please note that using the Internet on Mstick will consume data from your smartphone.
Guidance for Google account login
To use Google's various services like Google Play Store, you need a Google account.
Log in to Google using your account. (If you don't have one, create a new account.)
Guidance for Setting up the Mstick environment
You can set preferences in the Mstick Settings.
Some functions may not work depending on vehicle compatibility.
How to Use the vehicle's microphone
You can set whether or not to use the vehicle's microphone in the Mstick Settings.
When using the vehicle's microphone, you can use various voice recognition services on the Mstick.
* If the vehicle is not compatible, some errors may occur, such as no sound from Mstick.
For some vehicles, media volume may decrease or vehicle buttons may not work properly while using the microphone.
You can minimize inconvenience by setting the app to use the microphone only when necessary.
Media volume doesn't decrease while using the vehicle microphone.
For some vehicles, the microphone may not work properly.
How to Set Startup application
You can set Startup application that starts automatically when the Mstick starts.
Choose the favorite app you use while driving, such as Navigation or YouTube.
Guidance for USB external device
You can use external devices such as USB mouse, USB keyboard and USB memory via the USB port on the Mstick.
Caution notice when the vehicle is not used for a long time
There is a risk of discharge if the vehicle is not used for a long time with plugging the Mstick into the USB port.
Remove the Mstick from the USB port when the vehicle is not used for a long time.
* If you turn off the vehicle and lock it from the outside, the product will be automatically switched off in 3 minutes. (On Grandeur IG basis)
Guidance for Using on wide and vertical displays
The full screen may not be available on some wide and vertical displays.
How to use Bluetooth handsfree
In [Mstick Settings>>Bluetooth Handsfree], you can register your smartphone to Mstick for BT hands-free.
* To use the BT hands-free function, the smartphone and the vehicle must be connected via BT hands-free before the booting of Mstick is completed.
* BT hands-free connection between Mstick and smartphone is required to display call status and information when calling.
* While using hands-free, some smartphones operate in handset mode when accepting calls from the smartphone.
* While using hands-free, if you want to make a call through the vehicle speaker, please accept the call using the phone button on the steering wheel or the phone UI on the car display.
Guidance for Using the Call button on the steering wheel
If you receive a call while using Mstick, you can use this function to control the call.
Guidance for using Android smartphone GPS (For vehicles that can't use vehicle's GPS information)
If you install the Bluetooth GPS tethering app on your Android smartphone and Mstick, you can use the navigation app using the GPS information of the Android smartphone even in vehicles that cannot use vehicle's GPS information.
▶ Recommended app for Mstick : Bluetooth pair, Drogger GPS for DG-PRO1(RW)
▶ Recommended app for Android smartphone : GPS 2 Bluetooth
[USB GPS receiver and GPS tethering apps cannot be used at the same time.]
Download Mstick's product manual
Guidance on mixed use of update method
② Mstick Apps update - App update using wireless internet (Mstick's compatibility and function update)
* Mstick Apps can only be installed up to the version supported by the firmware, so always keep the Mstick firmware up to date.
Cases of the video and sound are out of sync
If the system load is increased due to background work, etc., the video and sound may not be synchronized.
In this case, if you stop playing the video for more than 2 seconds and then play it again, you can re-sync the video and sound.
Guidance for using USB GPS devices (For vehicles that can't use vehicle's GPS information)
▶ USB GPS using VID:0x1546 is supported.
▶ USB GPS performance may be degraded depending on the installation location and vehicle environment.
▶ ‘Noteking USB GPS U-BLOX 7 NK-GPS-U’, ‘VK-162’, and “Hard Kernel USB GPS” have been verified.
*It may take 10 minutes or more to receive GPS information.
Guidance for Hotspot setting on iPhone 12 and above
Mstick can only connect to Wi-Fi in the 2.4GHz band.
When setting up a hotspot on iPhone 12 and above, turn on the 'Maximize Compatibility' setting to change the iPhone's Wi-Fi band to 2.4GHz.
How to format a large storage USB memory (Above 32GB) to FAT32
To update the Mstick's firmware, you need a USB memory formatted as FAT32.
Follow the steps below to format a large storage USB memory (Above 32GB) to FAT32.
* Formatting deletes all data stored in USB memory.
1. Download 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool' from the site below.
2. Insert the USB memory into the USB port on your computer.
3. Run the downloaded file 'HPUSBDisk.exe' with administrator privileges.
4. Select the USB memory that you want to format with FAT32 at 'Device'.
5. Select 'FAT32' at 'File system' and select 'Start'.
6. Select 'Yes' in the confirmation pop-up.
7. If you wait a moment, the USB memory will be formatted to FAT32.
* Only the hang up function is supported in Mstick. To accept or make a call, please use the phone button on the steering wheel and the phone UI on the car display or the voice recognition function on the smartphone.
[Example of receiving a call]
Using the call button on the steering wheel
[Example of making a call]
Using the phone UI on the car display, Using the smartphone's voice recognition function (e.g. Bixby)
How to use 'Boot delay' in [Mstick Settings]
If Mstick boots before the driver arrives at the vehicle, such as a remote start, the smartphone and the vehicle are not connected BT hands-free.
By using 'Boot delay' and 'Stop the delay when Wi-Fi is connected' in Mstick, you can delay the booting of Mstick to prevent a situation where the smartphone and vehicle are not connected via BT hands-free.
* If you use Bixby Routine or Tasker app, you can set up a BT hands-free environment more conveniently. (Example: Set Bixby Routine to automatically activate the smartphone's hotspot when the smartphone and vehicle are connected via BT hands-free)
[Example of using Boot delay]
Take a car -> Activate the smartphone's hotspot -> Mstick connects to Wi-Fi -> Mstick finishes booting
[Example of using additional Routine apps]
Take a car -> Connect the vehicle and the smartphone via BT hands-free -> Bixby Routine automatically activates the smartphone's hotspot -> Mstick connects to Wi-FI -> Mstick finishes booting
If Mstick can't be connected when the vehicle supports wireless Android Auto
If you disable the wireless Android Auto function on the car display in the following way, you can use Mstick without any related problems.
[How to disable wireless Android Auto]
① Enter 'Setup' on the car display.
② Move to 'Wi-Fi Settings'.
③ Uncheck 'Use Wi-Fi for Phone Projection'. (Disable)
* The above methods are based on Hyundai/Kia and may vary depending on the vehicle.